Angel Volunteer Requirements
- ONE TIME $15 Volunteer Subscription
- Commitment to sew 150 Masks
- Must complete our Becoming Volunteer Questionnaire
- Must have sewing ability to sew by machine
- Must have operational sewing machine & polyester thread.
- Agree that 100 of 150 masks will be donated to our facility of choice and 50 to your facility of choice or for you to use to fundraise with. (You may sign your local facility of choice up by submitting a Facility Request form.)
* If machine breaks down, and your volunteer sewing efforts halt, we need to be notified ASAP at firstname.lastname@example.org, so we can get you a label to ship incomplete kits to another volunteer seamstress.
* * We can not fulfill orders to hospitals if the fabric is sitting on your sewing desk* *
- MEDIUM Box, USPS, Flat Rate Priority Mail (Materials to sew 150 masks)
- We revolve the kits in either woven material or knit material. If you have a preference of either WOVEN FOLD w/ TIES or KNIT FULL FACE w/ ELASTIC please state so in your Volunteer questionnaire.
Kit distribution process:
- we ship out 100, 150 piece kits a week = 15,000 masks.
- When you sign up and subscribe to be a volunteer, your name gets added to a list.
- If your completed and confirmed sign up and subscription is received before Wednesday 1pm, chances are that your volunteer kit will get shipped by that Friday, however, if you sign up after Wednesday 1pm, you will most likely get shipped the Friday of the next week.
- If you can afford to pay for shipping, please do so, free shipping is intended to be reserved to those who are volunteering but can't afford the shipping.
- We are not a large corporation. We started this charity in our living rooms while in quarantine and with donated fabrics. We are OUT OF DONATED FABRICS and our charity now has to PURCHASE FABRIC. In order to keep this effort going we need to raise more funds to buy the fabric in addition to the other processes our charity pays for to keep this initiative alive and growing.
- Things we pay for as a charity and need help building funds for:
- We buy $ the fabric if we don't have enough donated.
- We ship $ the fabric to a cutter
- We pay $ a cutter,
- we ship $ the cut materials to a volunteer packing facility
- then pay $ for shipping to get it to YOU
**A 150 piece kit costs our charity $100 to produce**
ANY help finding sponsors for your kit goes towards helping all the above.... so reach out to friends and family and ask them to help support you in this effort by donating funds to support us getting more cut fabric to you.